Sunday 22 May 2011

Strawberries and friends

Yesterday we drove to Klagenfurt. Our son was on his way to Hastings - that's what I call a school trip! - with 50 or so other schoolmates.
The weather in Klagenfurt was not so good. If you know what it means "stormy weather" (and you could even sing this marvelous song), you'll understand what I'm talking about.
But the kids came to London on the scheduled time and this part of the job was done.

Driving home, we (me, in this case) simply could not resist the appeal of all those strawberries seedlings with fancy names - from the White Ananas, to a Ruby red and a tiny Florika. Sure enough they are now waiting for me to plant them and make them grow. That's what I intend to do this afternoon - AKA when I'll come home from the office (yes, I do work on Sundays when I'm on duty).
I'll also have to plant some cherries tomato, same parsley and some cucumers seedlings. Oh, and yellow pepperoni too.

No comments:

Post a Comment